Re: Lavinia, Could you review my new Xrays and Pictures we took yesterday 11/2/18 ?

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

This photo album is a good one for everyone to review.

The films from February are before laminitis. Notice the distance from the edge of the bone to the hoof wall on the lateral/side view.  This is the horn lamellar zone.  Look how much it has increased on the later films.  The dark line inside that area, parallel to the bone, on the October and Nov films is the junction between the hoof wall and the laminar wedge.  The laminar wedge is all that material between the bone and the hoof wall.  If you look at the sole view of the RF from 9-10, the last photo, it looks like you can't take the toe back any further but the radiographs show that's not the case. Under that dead sole at the toe is lamellar wedge, not live tissue.