Re: HELP! BEHAVIORAL ISSUES

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

She's been on estradiol since May. Estradiol is the "play nice" hormone. It also doesn't build up over time. This coincides with her pergolide. Changes in cycline and behavior during cycling have been seen with pergolide. I'd stop the pergolide to see if she normalizes. Her laminitis times haven't coincided with seasonal rise which is almost over now. Watch crest, mobility, turns etc. closely but if she stays good without pergolide consider TRH stimulation in early spring or just retest ACTH next August to see if she may need it, side effects on behavior or not, during the seasonal rise.

Is she still on Thyro-L? I don't see any justification for that.