Re: Alfalfa question

Cheryl Oickle

An absolute variable here regarding the alfalfa I agree!I had to scramble to get a supply of low sugar low starch hay this last year when my horse was diagnosed with IR and Cushings. Although the protein is higher, the starch and ESC/and WSC is actually lower in the alfalfa grass mix.  I have taken to cautiously giving approx a 1/3 of her feeds of this along with the analysed grass hay I have in order to have enough to get me through until this years supply....So far so good! And she loves it, and seeks it out before the rest of course.  Trial and error I suppose.

Cheryl and Jewel
Oct 2018