Re: Diagnostic testing for EMS, EC, and hypothyroidism

Jackie W

I am also following this conversation. After a few years of doing the standard blood draw for glucose and insulin on my IR pony, my vet now says the new information out recommends to do the oral sugar test because it is more accurate.  I objected, but he said yep, that's the right protocol and my (probably uncompensated) IR pony should be fine because it's a small amount of the type of sugar that shouldn't cause problems. So, rather than checking bloodwise to see if we're doing better with all the diet changes, I'll probably continue to just assume she's not (she still has fat-pads). Additionally, the price of ACTH is $200 and apparently Cornell changed their pricing so it doesn't add in any other checks with it now.
--
Jackie and Megan
Palm Bay, FL

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jackie%20and%20Megan