Feeding frequency

Cheryl Oickle

i have been feeding hay in three small meals daily..7 12 and 6., often spread through out her paddock in small piles to encourage movement or in a one inch hole haynet if weather torrentially raining.   I board, and it’s often difficult to arrange the noon feed.  She has stabilized nicely on the analysed hay and I am redoin g blood work in late March. What is everyone’s experiences to feed twice daily instead? I have seen conflicting information on insulin levels if too long without hay.  At present she goes all night without feed as her last one is at 6pm., she is no worse for wear and
-- this has been the routine at barns everywhere in this area.   jewel cannot have free choice, she has no full switch
Cheryl and Jewel
Oct 2018