Re: New Member

Pauline <takarri@...>

Hi Brittany,

Please don’t stress – I was just covering all the basis of possible issues. Your horses issues may not be related to cold induced laminitis – there are so many other factors that come into play- be it inadequate dosage to manage the ACTH, diet ,trim – just to name a few. The purpose of this group is to guide you through the DDT/E (Diagnosis, Diet,Trim & Exercise) to get your horse back to the horse you know. Believe me when I say that the best answer is not to give in and talk of palliative care. If it was warranted, I would be the first person to call time- but I don’t think you are anywhere near that yet (based on information provided).

Managing a horse with a metabolic issue is not easy, and the management protocol is different than what you are used to- but it can be done and before you know it – it becomes second nature. I’ve lost track of the number of members that have stated that they can’t put their horse through this and that- only to declare months later the positive changes their horse has made. There is no “miracle”- it’s the dedication of the owner that has brought about the changes in the horse. Give this protocol a chance to work & let us guide you through it

--

Pauline

Geelong. Vic

Australia Aug 07