Feeding after weight loss achieved

Banesbit@...

Hi all,
i cant find a good way to search this question, so I’m just going to ask.  I have been feeding my horse 1.5% of his body weight and he has achieved some great weight loss, with minor setbacks.  Once he achieves his goal weight/body condition, what is the suggested rate of feeding?  Less than a non-Ir/Cushings horse?
Vet said he was a 5.5 body conditiontwo weeks ago and would like him around a 4. He is probably a solid 5 now, as I can start to see a little ribs and his wither becoming more prominent.  Will the inappropriate  fat pads ever go away?
Thanks
--
Brittany Nesbit
Madison, WI