Re: Multiple horses in herd developing laminitis - Thunder's case history

rebecca.ann.crowe@...

Thank you, Jaini, for the ideas and reply.

The vet and I agree that Thunder is likely dealing with PPID based on his physical appearance and symptoms. Because we have so many that we are treating at the same time and cost is a factor, we opted for two set of x-rays and will come back to the blood work on the next visit. The vet is willing to prescribe pergolide for Thunder without the blood test, starting him on the recommended dose and adjusting after we get the blood test. I realize this won't give us a baseline on the ACTH and others, but I'm assuming it is still beneficial to take the leap and start him on it.  Thoughts on that?
--
Becky Crowe
Luck, Wisconsin, USA