Re: Mare with severe founder and blood test shows Cuchings

gypsylassie

Hi Beth, not Kirsten, but if I were in your position, I would buy that Timothy.
Our hay year here in N Illinois has been terrible and I have bought some grass hay without testing because if I didn't it would get sold. In the past, I've had farmers hold it till I could get it tested, but this year everyone is scrambling for decent hay that hasn't molded, so farmers are selling quick. So far what I've tested is ok for s/s.

If the Timothy ends up too high in s/s, you can soak it, or if better hay comes along, you could keep the Timothy as a back up, or sell it.
Laura Chappie & Beau over the bridge
2011 N IL