Re: When to reduce Prascend?

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Jodi,

Certainly understand that finances play a role in what we can/can't do, whether we like it or not. Most people are in that same situation. Unfortunately, the seasonal rise period is not over, esp. for a PPID horse. In these horses, the rise can be a factor thru Dec and some may never drop back down to their previous levels so their pergolide (Prascend) dose won't be able to be lowered either.

If you are still chasing symptoms, that indicates his ACTH is still not properly controlled and he warrants an increase rather than a decrease in his dose. Need to have that discussion with your vet, howver.

--
Lavinia and George Too
Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge

Join {main@ECIR.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.