Re: Nutritional needs advice for Logan

Irene Collins-Fotino

Thank you Sherry,

I would love for Logan to have a diet entirely of ODTB cubes, but it's not in the budget. I doubt that the barn owner would be willing
to reimburse me for that expense, even though Logan is no longer eating hay. Our board amount includes hay expense. So
knowing that his diet will be 1/3 cubes, 1/3 beet pulp and 1/3 Stabul 1, I am still trying to make sure that he gets the appropriate
nutrient, vitamins and minerals. I am going to buy a scale to measure for weight, so hopefully that will make it easier for the
barn workers - although the barn manager is already saying that this is getting too confusing. :-(

Unfortunately I discovered that his hay stretcher does contain molasses, so I will look at the safe feeds list for an alternative and
"balanced" stretcher. Am I safe in assuming that a "balanced" stretcher contains the appropriate vitamins/minerals needed by
PPID horses?

Thanks for your help. Apologies for all the questions!

Best,
--

Irene & Logan
NRC 2009