Re: NEED OPINIONS - is Barefoot okay?

Patti,
I believe that Bobbi is describing using socks (human socks) and boots as a combo. You can use low cost socks over your horses hooves and fetlocks then put the feet into hoof boots. It can add some warmth and make the boots fit snugger.

I used Easy Clouds form my IR horse and they stayed on well but it does depend on if the size of boot and the fit on the hooves is good. After using the Clouds I moved him into EasyCare Transition boots. I was able to walk then ride him at a walk in the Transitions. He never had either of those boot models come off but I'm sure the hoof shape and sizing plays a big part in boots staying on.
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA