Re: Relevante's Trim Delayed A Week - Will That Cause Damage?

Tanna

Hi Lynn!

I think you will be perfectly fine waiting one more week if need be. 🙂 Not much will happen other than a tiny bit more growth showing mostly in the through the wall. When your farrier comes next week he will just take the extra bit off like a regular trim.

I would have suggested asking your farrier if he has a spare rasp that you can use to round off the toe a touch between trims but I see that it doesn't work for your situation. For what it's worth, I usually have my horse on a 4 week schedule and this run I have to stretch to five. I won't even bother rasping because the difference will be so minimal.

--
Tanna

April 2019, (Yahoo Group member 2008)
Langley, BC, Canada