Re: dry skin rx for dry skin with ir horse

Daisy,
Tiko's case history says he gets only one oz of "Omega Horseshine" per day in the winter. You could increase this quantity since he tolerated 3 oz per day in the summer. I didn't see Vit E listed in his case history. Vit E does need to be supplemented for horses not on green grass.

Remember to search our "Files" area for info about feeding the IR or Cushings horse. You can also search the messages to find responses to similar questions posted by other members.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/6%20Diet%20Balancing/Nutritional%20Needs%20for%20Insulin%20Resistant.pdf

--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response