Re: pergolide pharmacies

You should place a call to Wedgewood and ask what form their compounded tablets are available in. I use Wedgewood and I feel their website leaves a lot to be desired for customers. My vet's prescription was written for "tablets" even though I requested CAPSULES. The Wedgewood tablets are flavored chewable large tablets, not the tiny things like Prascend. Of course he won't just eat them. However, they dissolve easily and quickly in a little water. Then the barn manager pours that into his large dosing syringe and he sucks that down. It helps to use an actual dosing syringe and add a little something for flavor. You could add a little applesauce or even a little Cocosoya oil. Practice without the tablets until the horse accepts the dosing.
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA