Re: Logan Insulin increase

Amy Veatch

Hi Irene,
The only thing I would add (besides I'm kind of surprised his insulin has been as close as it has to normal (keeping in mind that 10-11 is the target max) in the past with his ACTH numbers--wow!  those are really high) is that I noticed he stopped receiving yummy bananas in June 2018 (apparently after an insulin result in the 80's) and that in the months afterward his insulin dropped significantly.  Is there any chance a good-intentioned but poorly-informed someone at your barn is slipping him treats without your knowledge? Just looking at those numbers and comparing his feed history, it looks like he might have snuck back on the banana train. :-)

--
Amy & Princess (12 year old KY Mtn Saddle mare) & Max (6 year old mini gelding) - both PPID/IR
Southeast TN, Joined 2019

Max:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amy%20and%20Max
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=134444&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0