Re: when best to test horse for acth and ir if tested in the past in June

Nancy C

Hi Deb

I was suggesting that our new member test now due to past clinical signs, and those currently being exhibited. If I was not seeing signs making me suspicious that the PPID is not controlled, waiting to get both ACTH and insulin when it is warmer, and when you have historically been testing, would be my choice.

I believe our test of choice is still ACTH, however,  where you have been doing TRH all along, you may want to stay with that for the purpose of comparing to past years. Keeping things like, time of year, time of day, conditions prior to testing, as similar as possible allow for better judgement on the results.

As always, I bow to Dr Kellon.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2020 NO Laminitis! Conference, October 22 - 25, Harrisburg, PA