Re: Mineral balancing

Jeanne,

Looking at your hay test results I would say this is a safe hay to feed. The only thing to watch for is alfalfa in the mix. Many growers have "some" alfalfa in their hay fields and some IR horse's cannot tolerate alfalfa and it can trigger laminitis. I experienced this last year. It was a small amount of alfalfa, hard to see. But my horse reacted to it. Small amounts of alfalfa leaf can be hard to see once dehydrated. You will probably need to supplement this hay with additional minerals, etc but it is very doable.
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA