From: main@ECIR.groups.io <main@ECIR.groups.io> on behalf of Eleanor Kellon, VMD <drkellon@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 1:48:39 PM
To: main@ECIR.groups.io <main@ECIR.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ECIR] Update on Riosa -

Definitely try stopping the estradiol. I can't explain how it could make her worse but it isn't helping. I'm wondering is prolactin overproduction/? prolactinoma could be her issue although it's never been reported in a horse. The ovarian hormones and involvement of IR can fit with that. I don't know of anyone currently looking at prolactin who could test her. You could do a trial of Evitex (follow product directions for loading dose). https://emeraldvalleyequine.com/product/evitex/ If they don't ship to Canada, this one does and has a "recipe" for making your own although I can't vouch for its effectiveness: https://www.earthsongranch.com/chasteberry-for-cushings-in-horses-make-your-own-organic-tea/

Heather
August 5, 2017, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

Riosa Case History

 Photos

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=8819&p=pcreated,,,20,2,0,0  .

Storm