Re: Is Spookiness pergolide side-effect?

Annette

In my case, I discounted the "feeling better" possibility because I know this mare so well since I have had from a weanling. Even as a youngster, I hadn't seen this kind of spooking. I also had to discount the "it's time to increase her pergolide" possibility because her ACTH test indicated that that was not the case. Last year, I discussed with my vet the possibility of reducing her pergolide in the spring, after the seasonal rise, since that is when she was at her spookiest, if we had repeat behavior this year. I will see what the coming months bring.  At the moment, I am keeping an open mind, considering all explanations, and just offering my observations to the group in case the information is helpful.
--
Annette and Alley
October 2018, Moscow, Idaho