Re: updated pretrim pictures ready for mark-ups - Post trim pictures are uploaded

Judy and Bugsy

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 06:22 AM, Eleanor Kellon, VMD wrote:
There's nothing wrong with the trim. The two major possibilities here are that the weakened frog and hind foot structures need some time to strengthen now that the load is being more correctly distributed or that there are unresolved fluid/abscess collections that are weakening and mobilizing because the hoof mechanics and stresses on them have changed.  If it's the former, the boots should really help. If it's collections, it will take time and may get worse before it drains and resolves.
Thank you so much for your response Dr. Kellon.  It's good to know that it's nothing that I've done or my farrier has done that has made Bugsy's progression appear to regress.  Instead, we are continuing down the rehab road.

--

Judy and Bugsy

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Feb. 25, 2020