Re: Hives (again) and swollen sheath (again)

Joy V

Thank you Sherry, I appreciate your response.  The tenant who feeds has been gone for about 2 1/2 weeks (hallelujah) so that's not a concern.  No one (NO ONE) else there feeds anyone's horse.  It's a lovely place that way.  I believe he must have gotten attacked by midges in the night.  I skipped 2 nights of putting zinc oxide/swat mix on his sheath (I thought it was cool enough that there wouldn't be bugs), and I'm betting that is the issue.  Not going to do that again.  Secondary to the sheath, he also got a large insect bite or sting on his midline, and has swelling/itching there.  I saw him drop completely this am, but not urinate, however, I can tell he did urinate at some point recently, so that made me feel a lot better.

Last month when tested on 04/02, his ACTH was great (3.50 - amazing!), so I know that's controlled.  This AM his hives had finally improved a ton, but sheath is still the same size as last night.  At least it didn't swell more.  I did liberally apply the zinc oxide/swat mix to his sheath and the bugs are staying away from there.

Yes, he has given me more gray and white hairs, and probably taken at least 3 months off of my life.  I really hope once this passes, I can keep him bug-free and keep his insulin in check.

Thank you again!

Joy
--
Joy and Willie