Re: Choices...

S Kauffmann

Hi Joy,

Those are actually last year's tests... this year's from the same fields have not been tested yet. The problem is that by the time this guy gets his tests back, his hay is typically sold, so these are only a guess. I realize that things can vary year to year, but this may be the best I can do -- look at how the fields tested last year, then make a decision based on that an how the hay looks (I would choose somewhat coarse over fine and leafy).

There is a hay seller in Reno -- Murry Ranch -- that tests everything they sell. They often have low ESC + Starch hays, but the quality can sometimes be inconsistent, so that is why I'm trying to see if I can find something elsewhere.