Re: New lab results for Akira

Sherry Morse

Hi Nancy,

If in doubt, I would contact Cornell but according to their website both glucose and insulin should be serum (https://www.vet.cornell.edu/animal-health-diagnostic-center/testing/protocols/endocrinology).  Looking at your CH Akira is still overweight and eating an unknown amount of hay and grass each day so it's not unexpected that her glucose and insulin levels are still elevated.  If she has gained a significant amount of weight since your last update that could have a bearing on her current bloodwork but the main takeaway I get from those results is that she needs tighter diet control.

Dr. Kellon may have more to add once she's had a look as well.