Re: Thank you, all

Carol

Penny, I want to express my warmest thoughts of sympathy on the loss of your precious horse Sonny.  31 years old!  Wow, he made it that far.  I too had a Cushings horse who eventually passed of EPM. I know the heart break. Seeing all the progress toward wholeness with ECIR help was the best thing we had. Then to see the signs of EPM sneak in years later and gradually take over until a premature end, was hard to take.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.  It will take time .... Sending you (((Hugs))).

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 11:41 AM Penny Linke <pennylinke@...> wrote:
I want to thank this group for all the support, education, and information over the last 4 years.  We had to say good-bye to our best friend of the last 22 years, our 31 year old Sunny.  He was diagnosed with PPID 4 years ago after a very stressful hurricane evacuation.  A friend told me about this group at the time and it was a godsend. The help and information is so thorough here that I almost never had to post, as long as I took the time to dig through the files and messages. I could make decisions and discuss topics with my vet and farrier with conviction, whether it was about diet, medications, or hoof trim. I credit you all for giving me 4 more years with Sunny-healthy, vibrant and laminitis-free.  In the end it was EPM and the resulting neurologic complications that forced us to make the final decision.  We are heartbroken, but so thankful that we could enjoy his silly antics for so long.

_._,_._,_