Re: jesse mouth issues

Eva Stettner

I don't know if this helps much because it's more when he eats hay than pellets, but my horse looks sort of like your video of Jesse when he chews. Then a quid drops out of his mouth. At his last dental float, the vet tried to find a cause of this and identified one molar that had a cup in it and he said it's possible that's where the quids form. When he chews the top and bottom teeth don't grind flat against each other. He said he could grind the top of the tooth down to be flatter but that could cause other problems. So we just left it.

--
Eva and Apollo (PPID, IR)
San Diego, CA

Apollo's Case History