Re: Fermenting hay

Kim Leitch

Hi Candice,
I’m soaking for an hour and draining for 15 minutes. I’m throwing out the fermented hay, but I know they are eating some of it before I get there. It has been mid 90’s with 95% humidity, but that’s normal for us in July.

I’m rinsing it now and putting less hay in each bag. The daytime bags are doing better, but the night bags are fermented in the mornings. I have a few more things I will try.

My main concern is what can happen if they are eating fermented hay before I get there in the mornings.

--
Kim 10-2014

Clover, SC

Grits and Dually: IR; Bella: PPID, IR; and Eeyore (deceased, but not PPID related)

Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kim%20and%20Grits%20-%20Eeyore%20-%20Dually

Photo album Grits https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1314

Photo album Eeyore https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=6586&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0
Photo album Dually https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=9046&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0