Re: Scooter's newest case history is posted. His IR calculator result says he has uncompensated IR. Is this good/bad? and what do I need to do?

Rhonda Turley

I have been at this boarding barn for 15 years and they generally have great care (but you have to do the barn owner's way).  Scooter is not allowed  any hay net as his food drive is strong.  (the joke about Canadians is they will die with hay in their mouth).  I have put a 40 lb white salt block in his stall and he moves that around with his nose and front feet. If there is one piece of hay in a hay net he will dive right in. Learned that one after I bought him at 3 years old.  He is now 14. I am very anal and wish the hay was weighed but I pick my battles. The hay was not soaked when the blood samples were taken.  Soaking his hay came after I got his results.  Correct me if I am wrong but the seasonal rise is on right now and peaks in August/September?
--
Scooter and Rhonda

Rhonda Turley
Brampton, Ontario