Re: My new mare is on Regumate having Cornell testing done?

Maxine McArthur

Hi Laura
in addition to Trish’s excellent suggestions, I have found that tying the nets firmly top and bottom to a post or other structure (tree branch, fence, wall of barn etc) at around wither height prevents a lot of tossing around. I also use multiple nets with some on the ground  to encourage change of posture. M mare has suspected neck arthritis so I don’t want her standing in one spot for hours. The ones on the ground are attached inside tire feeders.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response