Re: Advice Please- our first laminitic episode

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

I don't think I've ever seen a good discussion of this but you certainly could use TRH stimulation to determine how much suppression your dose of pergolide is providing. The dex suppression test was used that way in the past. It's not reliable this time of year for diagnosis because no one has determined the seasonal ranges but if the goal is to keep good suppression all year you could use it.

I've never heard of a laminitis flare linked to TRH stimulation, probably because the effect is short-lived.