Grey Horse Melanoma and AAKG

Helen Connor

Dr. Kellon,

A friend as two grey Quarterhorses that have been diagnosed, one with IR and one with IR/PPID. The vet believes both have DSLD. These horses are in their 20s. Their dam had grey horse melanoma but my friend says it wasn't a problem for mare. The sons are developing masses in their mouths and on their genitalia.

Recently, my friend read that AAKG should not be used on horses that have "malignancies." Does this mean that she should not use it to boost the effectiveness of J-herb, since her horses have active grey horse melanomas?

Thank you.
--
Helen Connor and Blessing (IR/PPID)
Scappoose, OR