LMF Low NSC feeds

coffincomplex@...

Hi everyone,

I have recently relocated from Indiana to Southern CA, and am looking at changing Buster from Stabul 1 to one of the LMF low NSC feeds that are available here, simply for convenience. I know the LMF feeds have been mentioned here and I'm wondering which, if any, is a good fit for an IR horse with Cushings. LMF makes a low NSC senior, complete, and "stage one" feed, which all look to be a max of 2% starch and 6% sugar. The senior has glucosamine in it, so I'm assuming that's one to avoid. The others look like they may have a decent amount of alfalfa in them, so I'm wondering if that's a no-go. I'm looking at this as something he can get 4-6 lbs a day of.

Ingredients for Stage One:

Soybean Hull Pellets 57.8%, Suncured Alfalfa Pellets, Dried Plain Beet Pulp Shreds, Soybean Oil, Monodicalcium Phosphate, Ground Limestone, Salt, Yeast Culture, Monosodium Phosphate, L-Lysine, Magnesium Oxide, Lignin Sulfonate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, DL-Methionine, D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (source of Natural Vitamin E), Manganese Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Sodium Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Sodium Sulfite, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Yucca Shidigera Extract, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Sodium Bentonite, Mineral Oil, Niacin Supplement, Propylene Glycol, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Cobalt Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Potassium Iodide.

Low NSC Complete:

Soybean Hull Pellets 58.00%, Suncured Alfalfa Pellets, Dried Plain Beet Pulp Shreds, Soybean Oil, Monodicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Ground Limestone, Magnesium Oxide, Yeast Culture, Lignin Sulfonate, Monosodium Phosphate, L-Lysine, DL-Methionine, Natural and Artificial Flavors, D-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (source of Natural Vitamin E), Sodium Sulfate, Sodium Sulfite, Manganese Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Copper Proteinate, Yucca Shidigera Extract, Sodium Bentonite, Copper Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Niacin Supplement, Propylene Glycol, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Cobalt Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Potassium Iodide

Any input appreciated!
Thanks
--
Alanna