Re: Dr K advice please

Hi Kelly,
I looked at your hay test and it appears to be NIR (near infrared) rather than wet chemistry.  It won’t be as accurate as the tests we usually use but from anything I can find that relates to sugars and starches, I would be soaking and rinsing the hay.  There is no test for iron that I could see and it’s possible that could be higher than is being accounted for.  My hay last year had higher iron than that cut from the same field the previous year which my hay supplier attributed to his rake that was digging dirt and in need of replacing.  What has Dr. Gustafson recommended for you in terms of balancing?
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo