TRH Stim Results

Kelly Gilmartin

Our stim results came in today and it looks like we are in good shape there: Pre: 20.0 Post: 63.0 (this is after increasing to 2.5 mg a week or two before the test). Our insulin results are still pending but he was very high upon our last value (100).

We are weighing hay (20lbs per day since 8/10 and have removed all turnout/grazing). I am awaiting hay analysis results but in the meantime Buddy developed Free Fecal Water when ingesting the new hay although mixed with old hay and soaked and steamed). So, we have removed the new hay (and I am frustrated because I just wasted my money on hay testing this batch).  I have only two horses in my care and its too risky to buy large lots of hay with picky eaters although I agree mineral balancing is ideal.  Should I just use Vermont Blend or some other balancer when customized hay testing and balancing isnt feasible? What do others do? Thankful for the advice of KG and Dr K but this is daunting to someone who cant buy large amounts of hay and cant financially afford to test each batch each time it changes.

Also, would you add Thyro-L or metformin to his regimen? I feel confident our Pergolide dose is ok now but the insulin is still concerning. We arent moving yet as my Soft Ride boots are on the way and the farrier is trying to get out to trim. TIA
--
Kelly Gilmartin/Buddy
Western Massachusetts

Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photosearch?q=Apostrophe