I agree with what Cass has suggested to you about going slow with the hay.
Sometimes there are variables that play a part that we often may not think about or even directly change ourselves. I would also only change one thing at a time to give your horse enough stabilization time and for YOU too! Sometimes we try to do too much at once (hello- that’s me! Lol)
I am hoping your insulin results come back much lower then last time.
I would wait on the ThyroL, unless Dr. K or your vet say otherwise. ThyroL won’t help lower insulin numbers. Is your horse lame/sore currently and that’s why you are waiting on boots? And is he currently on any NSAIDS? Before extra exercise or movement, be sure to wean slowly off of the NSAIDS.
I think you are doing all the right things- just need some time to pass along a little.
I know what you mean about stocking up on hay and it being too risky! I’m in Central Florida and the humidity kills the hay quickly! And I have 3 equines!
I think it would be a good idea for you to choose something like Vermont Blend to make sure your horses are receiving adequate vitamins and minerals while you work out the hay situation though. You can always add more Copper/Zinc later if needed and even additional magnesium oxide.
Primary Response Team
September 2018, Summerfield, FL
Shark's Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Candice%20and%20Shark
Shark's Photo Album: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=71507