To Soak or Not to Soak???

Philippa

Hi

I am still getting my head around the hay testing & am looking for advice on whether to soak this hay (Brown Top Hay ROUNDS in case history) that I have had retested at a different lab?

 https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Philippa%20&%20Abraham/NZ%20Hay%20Tests/Brown%20Top%20Hay%20-%20ROUNDS%20%28HILLS%20LAB%29.pdf ;

This lab has a figure for ESC but it is still a %DM. Am I correct in calculating the ESC to be 9.08 & starch at 0.4 = 9.48 total?
The NSC figure is 39.6 which seems extreme to me??? The other lab had the WSC at 19.03 & starch at 2.5 (% DM). This is exactly the same hay. I haven't feed any to my donkey yet & am a bit nervous about it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Philippa & Abraham (Donkey)
--
Philippa New Zealand 2020