Re: Thoughts on laminitis episode for Canadian mare

Pat

She has been wearing boots most of the time since I took her shoes off July 1. She was very sore after removing shoes.

Before I went on vacation, she seemed a lot better. I had the boots off for a couple of days, she was moving ok at a trot in the outdoor arena.

While I was away she was out on grass for quite a long time I believe. I was told 6 hours because someone forgot to shut the gate. Now they say something else - 2-3 hours.

But she was really sore when I got back and has been wearing boots all the time since then. I am only out 3x per week and the boots are removed then and cleaned, then put back on.
--
Pat
August 2020