Re: Need Advice ASAP -- PPID/IR Horse Won't Walk

Cheryl Oickle

Words of encouragement sent your way. Dont give up. My beloved Jewel experienced the exact same thing including rotation to both fronts in 2017. I almost had her put down in Oct of that year but found this group after 6 months of heartache. Be patient, be kind to yourself, and take LOTS of time to rehab her once the pain subsides, like months. Follow this groups suggestions and DDT and E. It gives your horse the best chance.
Hang in there.
Forward to 2020...We are riding again up to 100 miles a month. She is 19 and fitter than ever.

--
Cheryl and Jewel
Oct 2018