Re: Shomee passed this morning

Nancy C

Oh Kim, I am so very sorry. You absolutely did every thing for your sweet boy. Thank you for wanting to do more for those that come next. FWIW, when Beau passed, I pulled a slide of his liver, his pancreas and nerve endings in the foot.

Here are the instructions I got

Liver and pancreas histology could be helpful because of his high glucose. If he's iron overloaded the liver will show it.  I’d also consider submitting one of his digital nerves to look for decreased numbers of myelinated and nonmyelinated fibers (neuropathic pain change).

Will flag Dr Kellon if there is other to do.

Fly free sweet, sweet Shomee.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference, August 12-15, Harrisburg, PA