Re: New Member - Horse Just Diagnosed with PPID

Wish there was a love button for your reply Bonnie!

I went down this road in a BIG way with my friend Pal, who came to us as a two year old registered quarter horse.

I waited until he was peeing himself to death and couldn't eat enough to maintain his weight, before taking the plunge.  (I'm 65 and take no meds, and didn't want to use them on my friend and risk 'side affects'.)

He lived happily, normal peeing and pooping, normal body weight, and normal feeding amounts until just before his 40th birthday!  ALL BECAUSE OF TREATMENT!!! and this group :)))
--
Ellen
Pal & Savvy