Re: Drop in insulin after starting invokana

Jennifer Murphy

Would the seasonal rise be behind the increase in ACTH, or is it too short a period between tests to determine that?  If it were driven by the seasonal rise, would ACTH remain high after the time period it's generally observed, or would it begin to fall?  (Maybe that's dependent upon the individual equine?)  If the ACTH comes down, would one expect the insulin numbers to then begin to fall rapidly as expected on Invokana?
Trying to understand the mechanics of it all!

Terri - my vet hasn't been very forthcoming about the Invokana.  Is this something you are administering for the short term, or is this a medication that Finn will probably be on for the rest of his life?  I'm glad to hear he at least feels better!
--
Jennifer in NH
2020

CH - https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Flea