Re: High ACTH no symptoms

Kirsten Rasmussen

It's always possible there was a mixup, but since they are both positive and we recommend re-testing after 3-4 weeks on pergolide, you should have another chance to get bloodwork results and see if the one with no signs is still higher.

However, some horses seem to have high (refractory?) ACTH even on pergolide with their signs controlled so I don't see why a horse couldn't have high ACTH with no signs of PPID.  My question for Dr Kellon would be "do you still treat for PPID with pergolide even if there are no signs other than very high ACTH?".  I'd like to know too.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History