Re: High ACTH no symptoms

The ACTH test I ran on Logo, after he’d been on cabergoline for awhile, was, at 150ish, the highest he’d ever tested, yet he looked incredible.  I had been maintaining his ACTH in the low 30’s where he had Issues with his skin and no topline.  I got so used to some of his skin issues that I didn’t see them as symptoms, until they went away.

So I see three possibilities – the samples were switched, ACTH levels don’t tell the entire story and/or his symptoms might be very subtle.

I seem to recall Dr. Kellon’s suggesting not to test if there were no symptoms but it’s a little late for that now.  What I think would follow from that would be not to treat.  Just a guess.
--

Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo