Re: Effects of long term high insulin levels

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

The body condition effects actually sound more like PPID but I see your ACTH is well controlled. What is the protein content of your hay? NDF and ADF? There can be muscle loss when they are frankly diabetic but his glucose has been well controlled for a while now.  I would try:

1. Give him free choice soaked hay
2. Stop the Mountain Sunrise - increase ODTB instead and feed moistened if you can get them to do that
3. Gradually increase flax up to 1 lb / day to boost protein
4.  Start 3 scoops/day of Uckele Tri-Amino

How often do you deworm?