Re: thrush!!

Sherry Morse

Hi Sandy,

This is where having hoof pictures and a case history can help us because while thrush can be related to living conditions, it can also be a problem related to hoof quality and the trim.  I don't see that you've joined the Case History group: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory but if you need help on getting started with posting pictures and a case history over there you can check the wiki for information (https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki/16248) and let us know if you get stuck where you need help.

As far as treatment though what you're using is a good overall start.  I've had luck using Cephapirin Benzathine (which we can get here in the states in a product called Tomorrow from Boehringer Ingelheim which is a dry cow mastitis treatment) for really stubborn cases but if you caught it early enough you might not need to go that route quite yet.