Re: Riosa needs help looking forward feedback

hdavis

Thanks Sherry!  Yes  I saw that and I replied with a question as my horse is not lame and is sound.  What I wondered is there a time frame from when a horse had laminitis to when they can be trailered if they are sound with boots on or do you have to waist a full hoof cycle. That was what I was wondering about. My mare had laminitis at end of Feb and her insulin is currently well controlled according to her last 2 blood tests.

Rio seems to be more herself today and I am now suspecting she perhaps got a split pea stuck in her tooth or gums as I noticed my other mare acting a bit the same today after she ate her cubes with peas and supps in it.  I’m sure it is irritating as would be like a popcorn kernel stuck in your mouth.  Think I might grind the peas maybe to help stop this in the future.

Thanks again for the help.
--
Heather
August 5, 2017, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

Riosa

Storm

Case History