Re: Success syringing metformin

kguest@...

I use a similar process with small differences so my experience might also be helpful:
1. buy that cheap coffee grinder!
2. I mix the powder with a small amount of olive oil and then add water to make a paste that is easy to syringe; this makes an amount of paste that is easy to give in a single dose (the oil is one of the suggestions I got from this list and it works really well)
3. originally I added peppermint extract to make it more palatable, but have found this is no longer necessary
4. the olive oil in the mixture seems to make the disposable plastic dosing syringes last a lot longer by keeping the rubber parts in good shape (like, months--I tend to lose them before they give up the ghost)
--

Kristen and Jasper, Prince George BC
December 2016