Re: Success syringing metformin

In keeping with Kristen’s tips, I also make whatever I need to administer into a paste.  I cut the top off a syringe, leaving a small lip around the edge and pack the paste in at that end.  I hate trying to suck up a suspension through a tip because invariably something will plug up the works.  I hadn’t thought about using olive oil but I find that if you don’t remove the plunger to clean it, the syringe will last much longer than otherwise.  Probably not as long as the silicone O-ring model, but I wouldn’t want to hack the top off of one of those.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo