Re: Update on Ruger and pergolide dosage advice please

Aunna,
I looked at Ruger's case history and didn't see any blood test results. I urge you to get tall of the test results from your vet and enter them into his case history document.

I think it would be wise to include tests for insulin and glucose for any horse who has high ACTH levels. We can usually see physical symptoms for Cushings but high insulin levels often go un-noticed until our horse develops laminitis. It is fairly common for insulin levels to rise as ACTH levels rise.

Has Ruger been tested for insulin during this seasonal rise?
--
Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response

White Cloud, Michigan, USA