Re: 2 months after initial laminitis episode

Sherry Morse

Hi Phyllis,

I would recommend just stopping the Essential K at this point.  If you're using it as a carrier for supplements it can be replaced with rinsed/soaked/rinsed beet pulp.  As far as determining weight and ideal weight we have a couple of resources:

We usually let the horses dictate the turnout - if you put her out in the arena and she bucks around a bit but then settles and isn't sore she's ok to be out on her own.  I personally have found that walking in hand can be much more exciting than just letting them be on their own so that's just something to keep in mind.